Curriculum Area: Modern Languages KS5
Key Stage 5 - Modern Languages
Studying a language at A level will give practical competency as well as providing a basis for further study. We will expect you to be keen to develop your skills and be increasingly independent in your studies. Motivation, commitment and enthusiasm for the subject are essential.
The A-level course is designed to build on the knowledge, understanding and skills gained at GCSE. It has a focus on language, culture and society as well as on grammar. Students will develop a range of transferable skills including communication, critical thinking, research skills and creativity.
At A Level Year 1, topic areas include:
· Aspects of French/Spanish-speaking society: current trends
· Artistic culture in the French/Spanish-speaking world
· The study of a film
At A Level Year 2, topic areas include:
· Aspects of French/Spanish-speaking society: current issues
· Aspects of political life in the French/Spanish-speaking world
· The study of a set text
Exams will cover all four skills:
· Listening, reading and writing exam, to include translation to and/or from English
· Writing exam, based on the texts or film studied
· Speaking exam
Who can I speak to for more information?
For further information about Modern Languages at A Level please speak to Mrs J Robinson, Curriculum Area Leader: Languages